Kristina is an East Bay native, currently living in Concord with her husband, two daughters, two dogs, 3 chickens, and snake. Kristina holds a BS degree in biochemistry and cell biology from UC San Diego, and a M.Ed in secondary science curriculum and instruction from UC Berkeley. For the past several years, Kristina has been a science educator, both a high school bio teacher and a science curriculum developer. While pregnant with her first daughter, Kristina became fascinated with all things related to pregnancy and childbirth. She trained to be a childbirth educator, and has been teaching Bradley Method birth classes since 2014. While pregnant with her second daughter, Kristina started training to be a doula. She now works full time as a doula, childbirth educator, and birth photographer. Kristina believes that everyone pregnant person and their family deserves to have a supported and respectful birth experience, so that no matter what happens during the birth, the birthing person comes away with a positive outlook on the birth and an easier transition into parenthood.
Kristina enjoys belly dancing, photographing people and places, camping, hiking, rock climbing, learning about pregnancy and birth, trying to live sustainably, gardening, brewing beer and cider, crafting, sewing, karaoke, experiencing sci-fi and fantasy movies and literature, doodling, drawing her own tattoos, and hanging with her fam, among other things!
Here are 5 things Kristina would like you to know about her:
1. She loves science. Plants, animals, nature, the ocean, space, the human body, the environment, the whole sha-bang! She is especially fascinated by the human body and the process of pregnancy and birth… hence how she got into the birth field.
2. She loves science fiction, fantasy, and zombie anything. Star Wars, Star Trek, BUFFY, Firefly, GOT, Fables, Wheel of Time, Harry Potters, Walking Dead, to name a few… Need she say more? Yes, she has gone to a sci-fi convention. No, she wasn’t forced to. Wanna have a nerd-off? Also, Goonies never say “die”.
3. Introverts are people too. Where can you find her hanging out? Probably at home…
4. She wishes she knew everything about everything, but that is just impossible because there is ALWAYS more to learn. She is a lifelong learner. And, she’s really good at googling.
5. Dark chocolate all the way